Mixed Showcase of Artefacts
Digital reconstruction in Mixed Reality – of a writing ball using restauration sketches as well as the original patent papers. Created in cooperation with the restaurateur of Friedrich Nietsche’s Writing Ball as well as the “International Malling-Hansen Society”.
- invented in 1867 by the Danish teacher for deaf-mute people Rasmus Malling-Hansen
- it was the very first commercially sold Typewriter
- won prices at various world fairs and was thought to be technically flawless
- unfortunately, it never became the standard.
- Instead, the American Remington Typewriters (using the QWERTY Layout) asserted themselves on the world market
- all in all only around 200 Writing Balls were ever sold